Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Te Ohu Mātua

Te Ohu Matua

Fundraising Hui:  Thursday 12th May 2016
Meeting Began:  5.30 pm in Room 16
Minutes:  Mrs Anna Blay

Fundraising:
Whanau agreed that Lollipops looks like a great fundraiser. Looking at selling tickets
for $10 each although will need to check out police guidelines to see if we would make
more money than we are allowed. Possible dates for this are Thursday 2 nd June as we
could run it from 5.30-7.30pm and there is a Teacher only day the next day. Anna to
ring Lollipops to ask about date. Tickets to be sold by whanau and a letter needs to go
out explaining this.

Raffles:
A notice needs to be put together to our Kapa Haka whanau asking for grocery items to
be donated to wrap up along with items in office for raffle. Discussion around how the
books should be set up so that each whanau could sell some tickets. Either $5 or $10 a
ticket. Ivy available to help wrap items.

Sausage Sizzle:
Dates for this are 30th July and 13th August. Warehouse supply bbq and gas bottle.
Everything else would need to be supplied by us. As middle of Winter is it worth the
cost of buying sausages etc?? Also timing as we would need several whanau members to
donate their time on those days to run it.

Matariki Celebration Day:
Idea of asking whanau to donate some baking to sell at a stall.
Kapa Haka night:
Trevor Baker offered to have his Kapa Haka group come and perform on possibly June
22nd at night. Gold coin donation and we could also have our senior kapa haka group
perform as a dress rehearsal for the Pae Tamariki festival. Trevor to get back to us
about this date.

Pae Tamariki:
Lots of discussion with whanau about Pae Tamariki and whether our Junior group should
be performing. Their thoughts are that we should not have two separate kapa haka
groups as our Teina need to have their Tuakana to look up to and learn from. Whanau
felt that with our juniors only having Shane this term they should perhaps just go to
Pae Tamariki to support the seniors this year. Something for them to look forward to
in their future at Roslyn School should the groups stay separate next year. Juniors can
continue to perform for our community and an idea shared about having daycares/local
kindys come and visit to see the students perform.

Grant Money:
We will know on June 9th if our $5,000 grant has been approved.
Maryanne and Deb arrived near the end of the meeting as they had been at a Maths Course straight after school and were able to answer some questions about having two Kapa Haka groups as asked earlier. Maryanne shared with the Whanau that a Matauranga Maori blog has been created and will be linked to the school website, a Facebook group has been created for our Whanau group - Te Ohu Matua and their is a Senior Kapa Haka group page for Nga Tupuranga.  The facebook groups are private for obvious reasons but is a good way to share photos of practices, notices for parents and a great way for positive feedback or communication.


Meeting finished 6.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment